Unqualified Teacher Relief Positions
We maintain a pool of people who we can call on when we require relievers to work in place of our unqualified teachers. These positions are usually only of a few hours duration over the middle of the day as our unqualified teachers provide cover for other staff during lunch breaks.
We welcome applications from people seeking to work for us on a casual basis as either an unqualified teacher or combined administration assistant/unqualified teacher.
We currently can only consider applications from people who meet the following criteria:
- are studying towards a recognised early childhood teaching qualification or have other relevant experience in early childhood settings
- can work a minimum of 3 hours during the day, generally between 10.30am and 2.00pm
- are available for at least 3 days per week.
- are available for work in at least one geographical area within the Association (either North, Central or South areas) and are not limited to work in specific centres only.
- have a drivers licence and your own transport.
In addition, the following criteria are desirable and will increase the range of suitable work available:
- are able to work across a wide geographical area within the Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association
- are available to work longer hour days in centres if required, with start and finish times between 8.30am - 3.00pm
- can work up to 5 days a week.
- can also work in our Early Learning Centres based in Manurewa, Wattle Downs and Takanini which operate full day care and education programmes for children aged 6 months-5 years.
- can work during term break times in our centres that remain open.
Request an Application Pack
For further information about any category of relief work or to request an application pack, contact email@example.com